Headteacher - Columbia Grange School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£72,497 - £83,971
Schools - Teaching
Columbia Grange School
Required: 1st September 2021
Salary Range: L23 - 29
Applications are invited for the position of HEADTEACHER
Due to the forthcoming retirement of the Head teacher of this outstanding school, the Governors of Columbia Grange School are seeking to appoint and exceptional and committed Head Teacher. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational leader to provide dynamic strategic leadership to take the school to the next stage of its development. Our current Ofsted rating is outstanding in all areas and the school requires a Head Teacher who will continue to drive our continued journey for excellence.
Our school supports pupils age 3 – 11 years with autism
We are looking for a Head Teacher who will:
• Demonstrate strong and fair leadership skills.
• Have secure knowledge of the curriculum for pupils with complex Autism
• Be passionate about a culture where everyone is valued and encouraged to succeed.
• Be an inspirational leader with the vision to further enhance the quality of curriculum for our learners.
• Be inclusive, passionate and creative about teaching and learning and believe in the potential and wellbeing of all pupils and staff.
• Relentlessly pursue high quality outcomes for our pupils.
• Continue to develop and enhance our strong partnership with parents.
• Provide governors with new ways to innovate and develop the school to build capacity further.
We can offer:
• a creative, welcoming, supportive and well-established team who have high aspirations for all pupils
• enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
• hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
• a well informed and supportive Governing Body who are committed to the development of all staff
• supportive parents with high aspirations of children and our school.
If you are an experienced Headteacher or deputy Headteacher in a special school or setting for children and young people with complex severe and profound learning difficulties, this role provides you with an unparalleled opportunity to lead and develop an inclusive and dynamic school.
You must have a proven record of involvement in school improvement with a clear vision of excellence in special educational needs with regards to evidenced based approaches. Whilst displaying compassion you will work with colleagues to identify innovative ways to continually improve performance.
How to apply:
Visits to the school, led by the Chair of Governors, will take place on 18th January after 3.30pm.
Application packs are available to download from NE Jobs or by contacting the HR team at Together for Children (0191 561 7233). Please return completed applications to: email@example.com
• The closing date for applications is 29th January 2021
• Short listing will be held on 4th February 2021
• Interviews will be held on 22nd/23rd February 2021
If you do not hear anything within 6 weeks of the shortlisting date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
The Governing Board of Sunningdale School and Sunderland City Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.