Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/01/2021 12:00
Schools - Teaching
TEACHER OF ENGLISH – Maternity cover
MPS / UPS
Required from Easter, 2021
As an experienced practitioner, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to engage with pupils and communicate a passion for English. Your experience will enable you to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5.
The role is to provide maternity cover, which is expected to last for a year, however a permanent appointment may be considered for an exceptional candidate.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy with over 1600 students, which …
• was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
• in February 2009 featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
• achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
• was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September, 2011
• opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
• prepares all students for the destination of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available from the academy’s website - https://harton-tc.co.uk/main-school/information/vacancies/teacher-of-english-maternity-cover/ – and should be returned by 12 noon on Monday 18th January, 2021.
This job is closed for applications.