Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/01/2021 12:00
Schools - Teaching
St Matthew’s RC Primary School, Jarrow
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
In partnership with South Tyneside Council
School Name and Address: St Matthew’s RC Primary School, Alnwick Grove, Jarrow, NE32 5YT. Tel: 0191 4898355
L15 – L21
Required for September 2021
Group 2, number on Roll: 207
The Governing Board of St Matthew's RC Primary School would like to appoint an inspirational Leader following the retirement of our well respected Headteacher. We are looking for an individual who brings strong, forward thinking leadership, has a clear strategic vision and drive to build upon the existing success of the school.
The school exists to provide our children with a secure, caring, learning environment, which is founded on Gospel values and the ideals of the partnership between home, school and Parish. The School’s Ofsted report from 2012 described our school as “an outstanding school with an exceptionally positive ethos, strongly rooted in Christian values”.
Our school encourages our children to “let their light shine” by providing a rich and inspiring curriculum. We seek to promote, to the utmost, the development of every child’s personal wholeness, integrity, gifts and creativity in a welcoming and loving school community. We do so in partnership with parents, carers and all others who have the welfare of our children at heart.
The successful candidate must have high expectations of all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence and nurturing the special gifts which make each child unique. You will develop and nurture strong relationships with St Matthew’s Parish and the wider school community, whilst continuing to strengthen the involvement of parents and carers across school life. Our school is warm and welcoming to all who join us.
What our School offers:-
• A caring, warm and happy school with well behaved, confident and high achieving pupils who are proud of their school and feel safe within their school environment;
• Dedicated and caring staff, who are enthusiastic and deliver a vibrant curriculum and who are “exceptionally committed to providing the pupils with the best possible education” (Ofsted);
• A commitment to CPD for all staff;
• Supportive parents and carers who are actively involved in the school, with an active parent group, the “Friends of St Matthew’s”;
• A strong partnership with the Parish Priest, the Parish, parents/carers, the local community, the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle and South Tyneside Local Authority;
• An extremely supportive, ambitious and active Governing Board, who is committed to continuous improvement and excellence.
Applications are welcome from practising and committed Catholic Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers and Assistant Head Teachers.
We welcome informal visits to the school and these can be arranged by contacting the school on 0191 4898355.
Shortlisting: Wednesday 27 January 2021
Interviews: Monday 8 February 2021
You will be an employee of the Board of Governors of the school.
The Governing Board and Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more information about our school please visit our website www.stmatthewsrc.org
To apply for this post please download and complete the application form which is saved in “Supporting Documents” and return this to email@example.com by Noon, Friday 22 January 2021.
This job is closed for applications.