Social Worker – Children’s Services
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/01/2021 14:58
£27,741 - £39,880 Annually.
A ‘Golden Hello’ of up to £10,000 may be offered to applicants joining the Council as a new employee
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Social Care - Children Service
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is an organisation where all staff are trusted, supported and valued to make a positive contribution at work. Where we never lose sight of the fact that we are here to serve the people of the borough.
We have vacancies within our Fieldwork and Assessment teams for Social Workers who are able to help deliver our services by drawing on our organisational culture and demonstrating the values, behaviours and resilience required.
We value our Social Workers, taking on board their day to day experiences, looking at ways to improve workload whilst still improving our services for children, young people and their families.
Our Social Workers are passionate about their roles. They work hard to achieve, have good assessment and organisational skills, are able to manage risk and are resilient.
Community Care has partnered with Stockton-on-Tees to assess the performance of our Social Workers in delivering the best outcomes for children. In the most recent survey feedback from the team included:
‘I feel confident I can robustly defend all my decisions’
‘I feel I am part of a team that conducts high-quality social work’
‘I feel empowered and able to make difficult decisions and recommendations’
‘I feel I am in a team that constantly challenges and reflects on outcomes’
‘I feel I have all the tools and support I need to do my job’
‘There is a learning culture in my organisation’
‘I feel in control of my practice’
We offer a package of support to help with the demands of the day-to-day job which include:
- Team Clerks and Typing staff pools to reduce demands and cover administrative tasks such as filing, booking meetings, assisting with organising travel etc.
- A contracted resource provider to facilitate supervised contacts
- A workload management system to enable manageable caseloads
- IT support, including a smart phone and tablet, which means staff can work from home or away from the office, including in a number of touchdown offices across the Borough.
- Family workers based within the team
- Free onsite office car parking and access to onsite Pool cars
- Family Group Conference Team based within the building
- Partner agencies based within the building
Please visit https://www.stockton.gov.uk/our-council/working-for-the-council-including-stockton-council-jobs/childrens-social-work-vacancies/ to find out more about working for us, what our staff have to say and the other benefits the Council has to offer.
For an informal discussion please contact Louise Nixon, Team Manager on 01642 526224.
This job is closed for applications.