Independent Reviewing Officer
Casual / Seasonal / Bank / Permanently Variable hours
As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Children Service
Independent Reviewing Officer (North East and Yorkshire & East Midlands)
Team Fostering is an ethical not-for-profit fostering agency. We have a strong reputation and proven track record for providing high quality, value-for-money fostering placements for looked after children. We pride ourselves on our values and we expect our staff to commit to and demonstrate these values in their everyday work.
We are looking for Independent Reviewing Officers based in the North East and Yorkshire & East Midlands regions. Our Independent Reviewing Officers contribute to the provision of a high quality fostering service for children by ensuring that every Team Fostering foster carer’s suitability to foster and terms of approval are reviewed at least once annually as required by the Fostering Regulations.
Independent Reviewing Officers chair foster carer reviews and produce high quality reports for Team Fostering on a self-employed basis. As part of the preparation for a review they also conduct audits of the agency files to ensure a high standard of recording is maintained. Individuals will have the necessary social work and management skills and experience to undertake this task, to contribute to the maintenance of quality standards within the organisation.
• Chair foster carer reviews at least once annually as required by the fostering regulations, following an agenda agreed by Team Fostering.
• To rigorously assess foster carers’ capability to meet the needs of children in foster care, incorporating their wishes and feelings as well as feedback from other professionals.
• To prepare high quality review reports with clear recommendations to the agency regarding the carer(s) and household’s suitability to foster, evidencing the reasoning behind the recommendations made.
• Develop positive relationships within the team, to promote and implement the process.
• Provide analytical reports to the agency identifying examples of excellent or poor practice, themes and trends, feedback on children’s views and suggestions for development, change to practice, the service or policies and procedures.
This is a sessional role. Salary for the post is £32.12 per hour (each review and audit of carer’s file = 6 ½ hours)
If you wish to discuss this role further please contact Vicky Johnson, Quality Standards Manager on 07500 026249
To request a Job Description and Person Specification along with an application pack please visit our website www.teamfostering.co.uk
Please note Team Fostering does not accept CV’s. Applicants are requested to complete an application form and equal opportunities form available above. website.
All posts require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure