Support Assistant Level 2
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,562 - £18,933 per annum, pro rata (Actual Salary: £15,870.00 – £16,187.00 per annum)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Schools - Support
St. Vincent’s RC Primary School, Monkchester Road, Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2TX
St. Vincent's RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0192 265 5049
37 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days as directed by the school.
Fixed Term for 1 year.
The Governors of St Vincent’s RC Primary School wish to appoint a motivated and reliable Level 2 Teaching Assistant for our friendly, successful, and hardworking school.
Duties will include 1:1 pupil support, small group work and assisting with classroom administration and organisation.
The appointment is for 37 hours per week term time only and the successful candidate will be placed on a fixed term contract for 1 year, with a view to being made permanent following a staffing review.
The successful applicant should:
• Be sympathetic to the school’s Catholic ethos.
• Have a sound knowledge and understanding of Primary curriculum expectations in helping children with their learning.
• Hold a recognised Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification and be able to meet at least all the
essential criteria in the job specification.
• Be an excellent team player who is totally committed to enabling every pupil to be the best they
• Be able to demonstrate excellent, appropriate relationships with all children.
• Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and sensitivity when dealing with children.
• Be able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively with other agencies.
In return we can offer: an enthusiastic, welcoming and supportive team of staff and governors, plus opportunities for high quality continuing professional development.
St. Vincent’s RC Primary School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
An application pack is available to download from the school’s website:
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or by e-mail, no later than midday on Friday 5th March 2021