Trust Assistant Finance & Operations Director – Vision Academy Learning Trust
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/02/2021 08:30
(SCP 40 – 45) £43,857 – £49,168 pro rata (Actual Salary £39,657 – 44,460)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Schools - Support
Permanent Contract to start as soon as possible
Term Time plus 15 days
The Vision Academy Learning Trust is a group of three secondary and five primary schools with a common aim to inspire the imaginations of our students and to support them to develop in ways which stand them in good stead for their future lives and responsibilities as individuals, employees and citizens.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and ambitious person who is seeking a new challenge and wishes to join a dynamic and supportive MAT.
We are looking for a highly motivated and suitably experienced accountant with several years’ experience with knowledge of operational issues. The Assistant Finance & Operations Director will work closely with the Director of Finance & Operations to ensure that both the strategic and operational matters are effective and efficient across the Trust.
This post will be based within the Trust HQ team offices and there is an expectation that the individual will spend time within the Trust schools.
The successful candidate must:
• Provide support to the finance functions in the trust
• Provide high quality financial advice and guidance to budget holders and the Senior Leadership team within the trust
• Have strong financial and management accounting experience
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, managing, influencing, guiding and mentoring to achieve and deliver the required strategies
• Ideally someone with experience in a school environment with good knowledge of the ESFA requirements
• Excellent organisational, administrative and technical skills
• Be able to support the Finance & Operations Director in the preparation of all financial forecasts, budgets and returns
• Manage the internal audit contract and all work undertaken
• Support both the facilities and catering functions of the trust to ensure these are effective
• Provide support and guidance to the payroll and HR functions of the Trust
The successful candidate will have appropriate transferrable skills to respond with confidence and initiative, to a changing educational landscape. Please note that experience of working in a school is not a pre-requisite for this post.
For further information and application forms please refer to the Trust website : www.VALT.org.uk.
Please attach a letter of application (this forms a major part of the assessment criteria) addressed to the Chief Executive, maximum of two sides of A4 font 12, addressing the following points:
• Why you are interested in the post and your experiences to date.
• What contributions you can make to the continued success of the Trust.
• Your areas of strength and expertise linked to the person specification
Please send your completed application form and letter of application via email to: email@example.com
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interview date: w/c 1st March 2021
This job is closed for applications.