P401867 - Headteacher - St Cuthbert's Catholic Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/03/2021 23:59
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
St Cuthbert's Catholic Primary School
St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, Ropery Lane, Chester le Street, DH3 3PH
Tel: (0191) 388 2305
Required for September 2021
Group 2, current number on Roll: 190; maximum roll 210
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholics for the post of Headteacher at St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, to lead the school in the next exciting phase in its development. We are looking for an individual who has superb interpersonal skills, the ability to bring people together to work as a cohesive team and drive to build upon the existing success of the school.
At St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, we are proud of our warm, caring environment. We provide many academic and extra-curricular opportunities for our children to develop their talents and interests and to encourage them to be the very best that they can be, and to live our mission statement: “Be yourself, but be it very well”. The children of St Cuthbert’s are growing to be people who:
• Welcome everyone, respecting their dignity and valuing their uniqueness as part of their community.
• Use their own talents, and celebrate their successes, and those of others no matter how great or small.
• Keep themselves, and others, safe and nurture a healthy mind, body and spirit.
• Live their Catholic values and embrace the faiths and cultures of others.
• Challenge themselves, and support others, to be themselves, but to be it very well.
Since 2020, we have been part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of 5 secondary schools and 10 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese. The Trust will expand to 30 schools by the end of 2021 and reach a total of 48 schools by 2022. The Headteacher in post at St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School will be an important part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust Primary Headteachers Group and will benefit from the support of the Trust and Chief Executive Officer.
This is an exciting time to lead our school. The successful candidate will have high expectations for all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence, and expertise to ensure that St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School continues to thrive. Above all, we wish to appoint as Headteacher, a leader who:
• shows a clear commitment to nurturing and promoting the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos;
• has outstanding strategic ability, and will anticipate and lead change to ensure St Cuthbert’s continues to build on its success;
• displays a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people;
• has an excellent and proven track record as a classroom teacher and school leader; and
• will further develop and nurture strong relationships within the Parish, the wider school community and the Trust, whilst continuing to strengthen the involvement of parents and carers within school life.
Our school is warm and welcoming to all who join us. We can offer:
• a caring, friendly and happy school with well-behaved, confident and high-achieving pupils who are proud of their school and feel safe within their school environment;
• dedicated and caring staff, who are enthusiastic and deliver a vibrant curriculum;
• a commitment to CPD for all staff;
• strong and active partnerships with the Parish Priest, the Parish, parents/carers, the local community, the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle and the Trust; and
• a supportive, ambitious and active Local Governing Committee, which is committed to continuous improvement and excellence.
How to apply
Application packs are available by email, please contact Helen Naden, Director of HR by email email@example.com. Please note that restrictions on visiting our school are still in force due to COVID-19.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 1 March 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 5 March 2021
Interviews to be held remotely via Teams: Monday 22 March 2021
Only applications received on the CES application form will be considered for shortlisting.
The board and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.