Barnes Junior School - School Business Manager
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Barnes Junior School
Barnes Junior School
Tel: 0191 5535968
Head teacher: Mr S R Ward
Position: School Business Manager
Salary/Grade: £34,728 - £38,890 Pro-rata (Grade 8, SCP 31-35)
Contract Type: Permanent - Term Time Only +10 days, 37 hours pw
Start Date: May 2021 (or sooner if appropriate)
Barnes Junior School have an exciting opportunity for a new School Business Manager to join our thriving 3 form entry school and help to contribute to our future success. The successful candidate will be part of the school leadership team, working to ensure the school’s budget and resources are used in the most efficient way, ensuring all non-teaching aspects of the school are managed effectively.
We are looking for someone with:
• Enthusiasm and flexibility who is ready to work in a busy school setting
• Knowledge and expertise of financial management, health and safety, site management and human resources.
• Competency in ICT skills including the use of SIMS and SAP.
• Effective communication skills to a range of audiences including the ability to empathise with our children and families.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate colleagues to achieve the very best for our children.
• A creative and problem solving attitude towards the challenges and multi-faceted nature of the role.
We can offer:
• A welcoming and inclusive environment.
• Opportunity to develop professionally and to innovate.
• A strong supportive team ethos commited to the improvement of outcomes.
Application packs are available to download from the ‘About Us’ section of our school website www.barnesjunior.co.uk and on North East Jobs.
Under normal circumstances, we would actively encourage a visit to the school before deciding if this was the right job for you. However, we are operating in different circumstances at present and are happy to offer different opportunities to connect and find out more about this role and our school:
1. School visits - to be carried out during week beginning 22nd February, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 4:00pm when there are limited adults in school. Max 3 people per visit. Social distancing and school Covid-19 procedures to be followed.
2. Personal Zoom call with Simon Ward, Head Teacher at mutually agreed time during the week beginning 22nd February.
3. E-mail any enquiries regarding the post and we will be able to answer them for you.
Please contact our outgoing School Business Manager, Mrs A Maddison at Audrey.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0191 5535968, to reserve a place on a tour, organise a zoom call or if you have any questions you would like answering.
Please follow us on Facebook, or look at our school website barnesjunior.org.uk to find out more about us at this time.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Barnes Junior School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Completed applications should be returned to:
Closing date: Monday 1st March 2021, 12 noon
Shortlisting: W/c Monday 1st March 2021
Interviews: W/c Monday 8th March 2021