Residential Care Officer (Turnaround)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade F/H/I, unsociability and sleep over allowance will apply, £16,290.81 - £21,925.13 Annually
Hours per week:
30 hours per week, Rotas are over a 24 hour day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year including sleep overs
Social Care - Children Service
We know it’s our professionals working with our families who make the biggest difference to children’s lives and we are looking to recruit two Residential Care Officers in the Turnaround Team to support Children In Our Care to return home or supported at home, the team formulate multi-agency Reunification Plans and deliver direct work within a Residential setting and within the Community as part of the rehibition process.
We are looking for experienced, inspirational candidates who hold a Level 3 Diploma Children and Young People Workforce or have the ability and commitment to completing this award within 12 months of appointment.
The successful candidates must be highly motivated in the role of working alongside the team supporting Management in relation to service delivery set out in the Statement of Purpose.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is an ambitious organisation, we are always striving to offer even better services to give our children and young people the very best start in life.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of this team and join us on this journey adopting the authority Valuing Care Approach as part of Shaping a Brighter Future for Children and their Families.
We are looking for someone who…
• Is committed and compassionate
• Enjoys working with families to find the best support and solutions to meet their needs
• Enjoys working in a dynamic environment
• Wants to make a big difference to children’s and carers lives
• Wants to work on evenings and weekends
In return we will offer…
• A new, exciting and rewarding role
• Support and training, including direct therapeutic input
• Opportunities to develop close supportive working relationships with other services internally and externally
• Flexible role – ideal for families looking for alternative working hours which may help with childcare commitments and family life
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• 26 - 31 days holiday (depending on service), plus 8 public bank holidays
• Home working for some elements of the role
• Free physiotherapy and counselling support
• Additional annual leave purchase scheme
• Tees Active Leisure Card giving discounts on leisure activities
• Bus and train discounts
• Car lease scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
An online application form and further information is available from www.stockton.gov.uk/jobs
Please ensure you refer to the Job Description and the essential and desirable criteria in the Person Specification when completing the Personal Statement on the application form, as this information is used to select candidates for interview.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Garth Illingworth, Registered Manager, on 01642 526473 or email Garth.Illingworth@stockton.gov.uk
The application form is available in alternative formats from Xentrall Recruitment Services, tel: 01642 526992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council ensures that all customers, both internal and external receive a consistently high quality level of service.