Level 4 Teaching Assistant
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£16,759 - £17,785
Schools - Support
Park End Primary School
Overdale Road, Park End
Middlesbrough, TS3 0AA
Tel: 01642 314309
Head Teacher: Mrs Julia Rodwell
Salary: Level 4 Grade G SCP 12-15 (£22,183 - £23,541 pro rata)
Hours:32.5 hours per week per week term time only plus 1 week
Contractual Status: Commencing September 2021,Permanent
Park End Primary School in partnership with Best Practice is looking to recruit a Level 4 Teaching Assistant to complete an Early Years Teacher Initial Teacher Training Qualification (EYITT) from September 2021
The successful applicant will have:
• the opportunity to complete fully funded Early Years Initial Teacher Training (EYITT) within the first year to gain Early Years Teacher Status (Note: this is not QTS)
• a degree (to be obtained by July 2021)
• the commitment to promoting the wellbeing and care of our children
• an ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to an appropriate standard.
• an understanding of the principles of child development and learning processes.
• an ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
• an ability to relate well to children and their families.
• an ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
The Recruitment Process:
The successful candidate will also be accepted onto the teacher training programme (EYITT). Acceptance on the programme requires the candidate to have GCSE Grade C or above in English, Maths and Science or equivalent qualification and have a degree by July 2021.
Shortlisting: 5th March 2021
Interviews: 23rd March 2021
The application form, job description and job profile are available to download or from the school website.
Application forms should be sent to email@example.com
If we would like to discuss the position, please ring school on 01642314309.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.