Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
L15 - L19 (£59,581 - £65,735 Annually)
Schools - Teaching
ABINGDON PRIMARY SCHOOL & CHILDREN’S CENTRE
Abingdon Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 3JR
Tel. 01642 210567 • Email email@example.com
Chair of Governors, Alison Kerr ? Head Teacher, Adam Cooper
Required for September 2021
Aspiring to excellence: Our Vision is to create an inclusive community that supports the well-being of every child and their family to enhance enjoyment, raise achievement and aspiration to all, and to ensure that children and families are supported through their learning journey from birth through school life in pursuit of excellence.
Due to the forthcoming retirement of the current post holder, the Governors are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher who is inspirational, highly motivated and an outstanding professional. The successful candidate will have exceptional leadership skills and will continue to build upon existing high standards, in partnership with the Head Teacher and Governing Body.
The post holder should:
• Be an excellent primary teacher, with a proven track record, with a positive attitude and the highest expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour.
• Have excellent leadership skills in managing and motivating staff and lead by example, setting high standards for all.
• Have the knowledge to facilitate the highest quality of teaching and learning.
• Have an ability to drive forward developments in the curriculum.
• Have experience of rigorous tracking and monitoring as well as a pro-active approach to assessment.
• Be evaluative and reflective, able to prioritise and work to ensure best value and high-quality practice.
• Have the ability to coach, mentor and facilitate high levels of staff performance management.
• Be an excellent communicator and team player with a strong commitment to working in partnership with, staff, parent, governors and the community.
If so, we are sure you would love to work at Abingdon Primary School & Children’s Centre. We have an exciting and innovative approach to teaching and learning and we are developing a creative curriculum which is tailored to the very needs of our children who come from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You must have a commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and an ability to help us inspire our pupils. You must be able to demonstrate confidence, creativity, determination, drive, resilience, reflectivity and great teamwork skill.
Further information about our school can be found on our website: www.abingdonprimary.org.uk
Why Choose Abingdon Primary?
• Enthusiastic, exemplary behaved, happy and confident children, who are proud of their school.
• A Head Teacher and Leadership Team with strong vision and determination to ensure the school is outwardly looking and continues to makes a difference in every child’s life and education.
• Dynamic and creative staff, keen to work at the ‘cutting edge’ of school improvement in a happy, supportive, professional atmosphere.
• Supportive and skilled governors and caring parents who are very keen to see children’s learning progress.
• A strong commitment to continual personalised professional development.
• Dedicated, non-contact time to fulfil the role.
Abingdon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to evidence of eligibility to work in the UK, QTS qualification, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), medical clearance and references that recommend the candidate without reservation.
Applications are available to download and also on-line, via the school website www.abingdonprimary.org.uk/more/vacancies and should be returned either to the school office or by email to the Head Teachers PA firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th April at 12:00
Visits and an informal chat, (or over the phone), with the Head Teacher can be arranged out of school hours (due to covid-19 restrictions) via the Head teachers PA, Debra Baxter, 01642 210567 email@example.com
Interviews will be carried out in school, in person, adhering fully to Covid-19 restrictions and following the school’s robust risk assessment.
Interview Date: Week beginning 26th April 2021