Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£29,577 - £32,910 per annum or £33,782 - £37,890 per annum
Hours per week:
37 Hours per week
Social Care - Adult Service
Newcastle upon Tyne
We are seeking to recruit a social worker who is interested in working as part of a hospital discharge and post-discharge recovery service. The work will be a combination of arranging safe and timely discharge from hospital and an increasing emphasis on community follow-up and assessment of ongoing needs.
• You will be a qualified social work practitioner who has an interest in and an understanding of work in both hospital and community settings.
• You will be adept at devising cost-effective and robust support that maximises the chance of a person’s recovery from a period of ill health.
• You will value people’s rights and independence and want to enable them to solve problems they are experiencing but you will know how to protect and support people at times of vulnerability.
• You will be a confident verbal and written communicator who is self-motivated, efficient and able to work at pace.
• You will have experience of multi-disciplinary working and a drive to working collaboratively and supportively.
• You will have a strong commitment to professional responsibility in your practice.
• You will be thorough and possess an eye for detail.
If this sounds like you, please apply.
The Freeman Hospital and RVI social work teams are extremely supportive and are an environment where hard-working and motivated social workers can flourish. Workers receives regular support and supervision from experienced team managers who are committed to professional development.
You must have a relevant social work qualification such as a Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW, or CSS, or equivalent, and must have current HCPC registration.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the relevant barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage, even if you indicate otherwise.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jamie Feather, Team Manager on 0191 213 7393
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk.