Social Worker - Social Care - Adult Service
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£27,741 - £35,745 per annum (37 hours per week)
Social Care - Adult Service
Seafield House Belmont Hose / Home working
We are looking for competent, professional, and enthusiastic social workers, preferably with experience of working in Adult Social Care.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and forward-thinking Adult Social Care service. We are recruiting to several permanent positions across Locality, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Hospital Social Work and Safeguarding teams, dependent on your area of interest. We harness a Reablement and Independence approach to improving the lives of adults and their carers; and we are dedicated to ensuring we deliver the best service to those who need our help. Our workforce is our greatest asset, and we provide excellent management support and high-quality training. We have flexible working arrangements to ensure our staff have a good work-life balance; and if you are interested in progression, we have a genuine career path for you.
If you are highly motivated and committed to improving the lives of adults with care and support needs and their carers in Redcar and Cleveland, then we would like to hear from you.
Applicants will need:
• a formal qualification in social work
• registration with Social Work England
• the ability to produce high-quality assessments and written reports
• a working knowledge of relevant legislation relating to adult social work
• strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• the ability to work within a team.
The following attributes are desirable:
• Experience working within a adult social care social work setting
• Best Interest Assessor and/or a Practice Educator Qualification
• We provide regular professional supervision and implement a workload management system.
• We have a robust training unit, which includes opportunities for structured career progression.
• You will receive a generous annual leave entitlement of up to 33 days.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For an informal discussion about this position please contact Service Manager Jacki Paterson 01642 771500.
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.