Director of Maths (Secondary) - Vision Academy Learning Trust
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Leadership L12-L16, £55,338 - £61,166 per annum
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
Permanent contract required from 1 September 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and inspirational Leader of Maths who is seeking a new challenge and wished to join a dynamic and supportive MAT. The Vision Academy Learning Trust was established in 2016 and currently consists of three secondary schools, 5 primary schools and a teaching school.
We seek to appoint an outstanding and proven Leader of Maths who has high aspirations, drive and the enthusiasm and commitment to lead the secondary school improvement activities for Maths across the Trust as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success, progress measures and Ofsted judgement. We strive to have outstanding student and subject progress with the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, believe passionately that every student, regardless of background can make excellent academic and personal progress and succeed.
The Director of Maths will be responsible for developing the Maths Curriculum, manage the performance of identified subject leaders, delivers teaching and learning improvement activities that drive improved Maths secondary outcomes.
The Director of Maths will work with the Director of School Improvement and the School Improvement team to take the strategic lead for implementing the Trust School Improvement plan in specific schools. This will include deployment in key schools to ensure progress is rapid and secured.
The key purpose of the Director of Maths is to:
• Drive consistent improvement in Secondary Maths across Vision Academy Learning Trust
• Lead on the design of curriculum provision and resources for KS3, KS4 and KS5 in Maths to ensure well sequenced curriculum to deliver teaching, learning and progress that is at least good in all secondary schools
• Lead the monitoring, quality assurance, evaluation and review of standards and provision within Maths departments across the 3 secondary schools within the Trust in order to secure improvements
• Lead the coordination of improvement and engagement strategies both in the classroom and beyond for students vulnerable to not making good progress (SEN and PP) and develop support programmes that improve outcomes for all students
• Play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of Maths and the academic success of all pupils across secondary schools, ensuring high standards of teaching, learning and achievement.
The successful candidate must:
• Be an outstanding Subject Leader and able to demonstrate proven and successful Maths innovation in their role
• Possess outstanding knowledge of Maths education
• Have a proven ability to raise standards with a strong and secure knowledge of proven and sustained Maths improvement strategies.
• Have an excellent ability to think and plan strategically and creatively to ensure improvements.
• Have an exceptional understanding of all maths data; ability to analyse forensically and use analysis to inform improvement planning.
• Have proven experience of quality learning strategies monitoring pupil progress and interventions to raise attainment and progress outcomes
• Possess successful experience of leading and / or providing improvement strategies in a school and / or to other schools
• Have a track record of successfully leading improvements as demonstrated by Ofsted judgments and / or student outcomes over time
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS, ideally with NPQSL and/or a higher education qualification
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to have a profound positive impact on school improvement
• A dedicated hardworking team of staff
• A large and skilled senior team
• The opportunity to work closely with the Director of School Improvement and our talented Headteachers
• Supportive Trustees and Governors
• The opportunity to develop as an effective leader and take on a high profile role within a highly effective multi academy trust
For further information about the role and to download an application form, visit www.valt.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter by noon on the closing date to:
Mr S White, CEO, C/O Trust HR Officer, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton on Tees TS16 0LA or email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Date: 23/24/25 March 2021