As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Annual Retainer of £2,337 plus £10.67 per hour
Fire and Rescue (On Call)
See advert text
Help protect your local community – join our team of On-Call Firefighters!
On-Call firefighting can be for anyone, it could be the ideal job for a parent who needs flexible working hours, someone with some spare time, is unemployed or even someone in full-time employment.
If you would like to be a On-Call Firefighter you must live within five minutes travel from the fire station you will be based at. The job involves a number of hours where you must be available for call outs via a pager.
We need people who can provide cover during the week Monday to Friday, evenings and weekends.
We are looking for dedicated and committed people to deliver modern fire and rescue services within your local community. Join us at this exciting time of change and we will provide you with a high level of training and a chance to be part of a professional team.
To find out more about the role of an on call Firefighter visit https://oncallfire.uk/treadmill/
We are currently accepting applications from people interested in working at the following stations: Redcar, Stockton, Headland, Yarm, Guisborough, Saltburn, Skelton.
To apply to be an On-Call Firefighter you must:
• Live and be able to respond and arrive within 5 minutes and provide cover on a rotational call-out basis to the Station you will be situated at
• Be 18 years old at the commencement of the training course
• Meet the Fire & Rescue Services medical standards for eyesight, colour vision, hearing, lung function and general fitness
• Be eligible to work in the UK
And it would be desirable if you:
• Hold a full UK car driving licence
• Hold an LGV driving licence
A candidate may not:
• Be currently employed as a warranted Police Officer
Dates for Diary:
Closing date to be considered for next training course: 28th June 2021
Psychometric Assessments: Week commencing 5th July 2021
Physical Assessment: 15th July 2021
Interview and verification of psychometric testing: Week commencing 26th July 2021
Medical and pre-employment checks: 9th August - 04th September 2021
Trainee course start date: 5th September 2021