Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Teacher - Farringdon Community Academy
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/04/2021 12:00
Depending on Experience
Schools - Support
Farringdon Community Academy
FARRINGDON COMMUNITY ACADEMY
Address: Allendale Road, Farringdon, Sunderland SR3 3EL
Tel: (0191) 917 1500
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.farringdonschool.co.uk
Headteacher: Neal Holder
Position: Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Teacher
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Contract/Hours: Fixed term/Part time
Starting: September 2021
Farringdon Community Academy is an aspirational, inclusive and inspiring 11-16 school community which values the individuality of all students and staff. We live our values of ‘Excellence Through Endeavour’ in all that we say and do. We value all of our students equally and ensure that their opportunities and experiences reflect this. We believe every child can achieve and should be supported and challenged to fulfil both their personal and academic potential.
Therefore, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and forward-thinking Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Teacher who has the necessary professional qualifications, experience, skills and attributes to have a real impact upon teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will demonstrate, through application and interview, that they are
able to: -
• Teach the VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy course to KS4 students
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
• Promote good progress and outcomes
• Demonstrate good subject and knowledge of modules
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of pupils
• Make accurate and productive use of assessment
• Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
• Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the Academy
As a valued member of our team we can offer:
• Clear and shared values and expectations
• A commitment to staff development and a forward-thinking CPD programme
• A stimulating work environment
• Professional development, challenge and support
We welcome socially distanced visits from applicants and would be delighted to show you around our Academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment and facilities. Please e-mail the Headteacher’s PA email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We encourage candidates to take a look at our website therefore all the application documents relating to the post are on www.farringdonschool.co.uk to the right-hand side of our home page you will see a box with our current vacancies on or at the top of the page under 'about us' click on vacancies.
Completed teaching staff applications (Parts A, B & C) should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications that arrive after the closing time/date will not go through to the shortlisting process.
Farringdon Community Academy safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Suitability to work with children will be checked with the Disclosing & Barring Service.
Closing Date: Monday 12th April 2021
Interviews will take place during week commencing: W/C 19/04/2021
This job is closed for applications.