DBS808/21 Deputy Headteacher - Benton Dene School (Special)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 09/04/2021 17:00
£52,723.00 - £58,135.00 (L10-L14)
Schools - Teaching
Benton Dene School (Special), Hailsham Avenue, Longbenton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8FD
Are you a confident and inspiring leader who is passionate about teaching and learning?
We are a vibrant, specialist provision looking for an excellent primary practitioner with a breadth of experience across the full primary age range who can lead on improving the quality of classroom practice.
Benton Dene Special School is a primary specialist provision for pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and/ or for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We share our site with a mainstream primary school, in an integrated primary learning campus.
Our new DHT will need to have:
• a positive “can do” attitude
• the desire to continue teaching
• inspiring and successful teaching and leadership experience
• commitment to school improvement and raising achievement for all
• skills to monitor, evaluate and report on standards of attainment, learning and an ability to impact on the practice of others forward
• experience of leading teams of staff
• be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision, ideas and strong ethics
• effective interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate the whole school community
We can offer:
• a creative, welcoming and supportive team
• enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
• hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
• a well informed and supportive Governing Body who are committed to the development of all staff
• supportive parents with high aspirations of children and our school.
Prospective candidates are strongly advised to contact the Headteacher, Mrs Alison McAllister-Williams, for a discussion on 0191 643 2730.
An application pack/ form and further details available from firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post is 5pm Friday 9th April 2021.
This job is closed for applications.