Temporary 1:1 SEND Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/04/2021 23:59
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Leadgate Primary School
Teaching Assistant to support SEND pupils on a 1:1 basis
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19698 pro rata
Temporary From 7th of June 2021 To 21st of July 2022
(subject to review as the contract is linked to pupil funding)
The Governors and Headteacher of Leadgate Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic caring and supportive teaching assistant to work across the Primary age range primarily in KS2. We are a warm, welcoming school dedicated to achieving the best academic and pastoral outcomes for all our pupils. Pupil and staff wellbeing are central to the ethos of our school. Our highly skilled and committed staff team work extremely well together providing the best for our children, parents and community.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who can:
• Deliver individual and small group support across the primary age range (KS2)
• Provide 1:1 support
• Is supportive and understanding of pupils needs.
• Has high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
• Can work collaboratively with teaching staff to deliver a broad balanced curriculum and support pupils’ individual timetables where appropriate.
We can offer:
• Happy, enthusiastic children who enjoy coming to school to learn.
• A highly motivated and caring staff, committed to the further development of our school.
• The support of a committed Governing Body and Leadership team.
• An active role in contributing to the shared vision of our school.
Working hours are:
37 hours per week
8:15am- 4pm Monday & Tuesday
8.15am- 5pm Wednesday
8.15am- 4pm Thursday
8:15am- 3.45pm Friday
Unfortunately, due to current circumstances we are unable to accommodate visits to our school.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th April 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 16th April 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 26th April
Upper School, West Street, Leadgate, DH8 7PN
Lower School, Alder Grove, Leadgate, DH8 7RH
Tel: 01207 610361
This job is closed for applications.