Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/04/2021 23:59
£22,183 - £24,491
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Tyne Mills Depot
Refuse Team Leader based at Tyne Mills Depot, Hexham
We require a Refuse Team Leader to assist in coordinating the provision of efficient and effective refuse collection & recycling services.
Key Duties include:-
- Assist in determining the most effective deployment of staff and vehicles to ensure that refuse collection and recycling services for household, industrial and commercial waste in a designated area are completed within the agreed time, quality and specified service standards
- Direct and supervise the activities of a team of front line refuse collection staff providing clear guidance and motivating staff to achieve service objectives and quality standards.
- Contribute to the induction, risk assessment, training and development of front line staff, acting as coach and mentor as necessary.
- Receive service requests via administrative support staff and using agreed practices and procedures schedule refuse collection rounds for bulky waste, garden waste and servicing of recycling centres to ensure the smooth & efficient delivery of these services in accordance with quality and customer care standards.
- Promote and maintain a positive relationship with front line staff to develop a climate of harmonious and constructive employee relations.
We are offering:
- A salary of £22,183 - £24,491 (Band 5)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
For more detail please see the Job Description/Person Specification in the supporting documents
This is a permanent, full time post
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please click here.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Midnight on 19th April 2021
This job is closed for applications.