Assistant Head of Academy
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£43,251 - £47,735
Dormanstown Primary Academy is a thriving inclusive learning community for 270 pupils from Nursery to Year 6. Within our provision, we have 35 High Needs places for children with complex learning needs from across Redcar & Cleveland. We are looking to appoint to the newly created post of Assistant Head of Academy. We are seeking a candidate who is an outstanding classroom practitioner able to model excellent teaching and learning. You will be an inspiring leader with a track record of improving standards, who will be committed to the Academy values and the impact this can have on outcomes for every child within the classroom and beyond. The academy has already achieved significant improvements in the last 2 years and is at a stage in its journey where there are some exciting challenges and opportunities ahead within our journey towards excellence. Alongside the Head of Academy and newly formed joint leadership team under the Executive Headteacher for Dormanstown and Wilton Primary Academies, we believe a significant impact can be achieved with the skills of an Assistant Head of Academy contributing to the team.
The successful candidate will play a large part in leading and evolving teaching, learning and continuous professional development across all areas of the academy. We are looking for someone who will provide a visible, credible and motivating presence with the ability to inspire those around them with a passion for teaching and learning, excellent pedagogical and subject knowledge, team ethic and a commitment to the highest standards. You will have the capacity to challenge, support and inspire with a positive attitude within a collaborative learning culture. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to not only support the Head of Academy and whole academy leadership at Dormanstown but also play a role in supporting Wilton Primary Academy through joint working and development opportunities.
The role will carry with it a part time teaching commitment. This presents a great chance to lead teaching and learning by example, having a substantial influence on both staff and children. It is a fantastic opportunity for not only aspiring new leaders who are ready to make the next step in their career but also those who are experienced leaders that have a passion for teaching and learning and have the skills to develop others.
The Assistant Head of Academy will:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner able to model excellent teaching and learning
• Be a collaborative and inspirational leader, with a strong ability to motivate and empower staff and children to ensure high expectations for attainment, progress and wider outcomes for all
• Have the ability to identify appropriate support and develop others
• Inspire a passion in others so as to support leaders at every level throughout the academy
• Be challenging, supportive and have the enthusiasm and courage to support the journey towards excellence
• Have an understanding of inclusive practice to ensure all pupils access the best possible teaching and provision, that is appropriate to their needs, promotes high standards and fulfilment of potential
We can offer:
• A committed senior leadership team that puts the child at the centre of school improvement
• The opportunity to contribute to shaping the future of teaching and learning
• A forward-thinking academy, which is committed to improvement through evidence based research
• An excellent learning environment for children with a strong community ethos
• Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all of our pupils
• Dedicated pupils who love coming to the academy and are encouraged to be the best they can be
• A passionate and high performing team of professionals across the trust to learn from and contribute to
This is a superb opportunity to develop and progress professionally and to join Tees Valley Education Trust, which has a strong commitment to continued professional development for all staff within an inclusive and supportive environment.
If you have any queries about the position please contact Mr Oliver Long, Head of Academy on 01642 483696 for an informal discussion.
Visits to the academy are actively encouraged and should be arranged by contacting Mrs Katie Stedman, Office Manager, on 01642 483696. During the visits, masks will be provided and there will be no access to classroom bubbles.
HOW TO APPLY
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Application packs can be downloaded or printed directly from the Trust website www.teesvalleyeducation.co.uk or requested from Dormanstown Primary Academy. Only applications on Trust’s official application form will be accepted.
If you are submitting your completed application form by e-mail please be aware that the academy cannot be responsible for any formatting anomalies when printing. Hand written or electronic printed copies should be posted or hand delivered to the following address:
Mr Oliver Long,
Head of Academy
Dormanstown Primary Academy
Closing Date: Friday 16th April 2021 9:00 a.m.
Shortlisting: Friday 16th April 2021
Interviews: Friday 23rd April 2021