KS2 Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Archibald Primary School
Ayresome Green Lane
Tel. 01642 804101
Required for September 2021:
KS2 Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Headteacher: Mrs A Jefferies
Number on roll: 420 with a 39 place nursery and a 40 place pre–school provision
Salary: MPS1 – MPS5
Hours: Full Time
Contractual Status: Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and caring KS2 teacher to join our KS2 team.
Archibald is a caring and supportive school, where we celebrate the achievement of all our pupils and staff in striving towards continuous improvement.
We are looking for a strong practitioner who:
• Has recent experience of teaching KS2 children
• Can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum
• Has a high expectation of all pupils with regard to learning and behaviour.
• Has a proven track record of excellent teaching.
• Knows how to make learning fun and exciting.
• Believes in and practises parental partnership.
• Is a confident learner, innovating and adapting practice to meet personal needs.
• Is actively engaged in their own professional development and eager to learn and apply new skills.
We offer a lively, inclusive learning environment. Our school ethos is one of commitment to the education of the whole child, fostering community involvement and nurturing a sense of belonging. We believe that everyone can achieve.
We have a strong team of very skilled staff who work in partnership with Governors.
As part of Endeavour Academies this is an exciting time to join our school.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a newly, or recently qualified teacher to further develop their skills within a nurturing and forward thinking environment.
If you would like to join our friendly, caring team at Archibald, or would like further information, please see the vacancies section of our school website:
If you have any questions please contact the senior administrator, Karen Leadbitter by email: Karen.email@example.com
Please submit a supporting statement, with your application, of no more than a paragraph for each of the following headings:
• Experience to date
• Evidence of the quality of your practice
• Strengths you would bring to our school
• What you understand to be features of outstanding teaching and learning
Completed application forms and supporting statements should be returned to the Headteacher Mrs A Jefferies at the school address or can be emailed to the senior school administrator (Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to offer school visits to potential applicants at this time.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: Friday 23rd April
Shortlisting: Tuesday 27th April
Interviews: wb Monday 3rd May