Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/04/2021 12:00
£36,922 - £38,890 per annum (Pro Rata)
Hours per week:
15 - 22.5
Social Care - Adult Service
The James Cook University Hospital
This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.
The Adults & Communities Directorate consists of three strands, Adult Social Care, Community Development, and Public Health. Our aims are to continue to provide essential and highly valued services and to build capacity to enable local communities to make lasting change, improve quality of life and prosperity. As a directorate we lead on developing a culture of co-operation and co-production, respecting and nurturing the skills and talents of local people and enabling them to fulfil their potential.
We are looking for competent, professional, and enthusiastic Assistant Team Manager (ATM), preferably with experience of working in Adult Social Care. The Hospital Social Work Team (HSWT) operate a 7-day working pattern and the successful candidate will be required to cover weekends as part of their working week.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and forward-thinking Adult Social Care service. We use a Reablement and Independence approach to improving the lives of adults and their carers; and we are dedicated to ensuring we deliver the best service to those who need our help. Our workforce is our greatest asset, and we provide excellent management support and high-quality training. We have flexible working arrangements to ensure our staff have a good work-life balance; and if you are interested in progression, we have a genuine career path for you.
If you are highly motivated and committed to improving the lives of adults with care and support needs and their carers in Redcar and Cleveland, then we would like to hear from you.
Applicants will need:
• a formal qualification in social work
• registration with Social Work England.
• the ability to produce high-quality assessments and written reports.
• a working knowledge of relevant legislation relating to adult social work.
• strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
• The ability to manage work priorities and pressures.
• the ability to work within a team.
• Best Interest Assessor and/or a Practice Educator Qualification.
The following attributes are desirable:
• Experience working within an adult social care social work setting.
• Management experience.
• We provide regular professional supervision and implement a workload management system.
• We have a robust training unit, which includes opportunities for structured career progression.
• You will receive a generous annual leave entitlement of up to 33 days.
For an informal discussion about this position please contact the Team Manager Richard Morrison on 01642 771217.
The council holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.
This job is closed for applications.