Higher Level Teaching Assistant (EYFS)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/04/2021 12:00
£19,053 - £21,035
Schools - Support
Wanted for an immediate start a dynamic and enthusiastic Early Years Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA).
Horton Grange Primary is a happy, hardworking and successful school where every child matters. We are looking appoint an exceptional Early Years HLTA. The successful candidate will have previous experience working in an early years setting within a primary school and be able to supervise and teach whole classes unaccompanied. In particular you will have extensive knowledge of the curriculum and assessment framework. Experience of delivery of early phonics is essential. You will be expected to have formal HLTA status.
The Early Years setting at Horton Grange accommodates 12 two year olds, 104 Nursery and 90 Reception children. Therefore the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of a large experienced team.
The HLTA will supervise whole classes during PPA and any short term absence of teachers. In addition, this role will provide in-class support alongside class teachers when not required to take classes, as well as some admin and preparation of materials for teaching staff. More specifically they may be expected to:
• Work with teaching staff on planning, evaluating and adjusting work programmes and intervention strategies as appropriate
• Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to planned learning activities, observing and recording achievement against the Early Years curriculum
• Provide feedback to teachers and pupils
• Keep records and update systems as required
• Provide feedback on pupils’ learning, record observations, achievement and progress
• Promote Horton Grange values, attitudes to learning and good pupil behaviour
• Liaise with parents/carers where necessary
• Undertake break duties
• Play a lead role in supporting first aid and medication
• Lead breakfast clubs and after school clubs if required
This is a description of the main duties and responsibilities at the date of production. The duties may change over time as requirements and circumstances change. The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility from time to time.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be a skilled TA with experience of managing whole classes in the HLTA role
• Have experience of working effectively with pupils across the primary phase in particular EYFS
• Have a clear understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities
• Be highly organised, have strong numeracy and literacy skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt quickly to different classroom settings
• Have extensive knowledge of EYFS curriculum and assessment framework
• Have knowledge and experience of delivering phonics programmes such as Read Write Inc
• Be able to work effectively with a large team of staff across the EYFS setting from 2YO to Reception
• Be skilled at supervising pupils and establishing a constructive, safe and ordered atmosphere in the classroom
• Be enthusiastic, flexible, hardworking and resilient
• Be a learner and partake in continuous professional development
• Ensure that every pupil reaches their potential
• Have very high expectations of pupil progress and behaviour
• Be committed to supporting the schools’ ethos and reputation within the community
• Be experienced in managing first aid and medication
• Have experience of leading lunch time provision and managing lunch staff
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check is required for this post.
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
An application pack, including an application form, is available to download from the supporting documents section.
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post and/or by e-mail, no later than midday on Wednesday 14 April. If you email your application, please phone the school office to ensure that we have received it
School Name: Horton Grange Primary
Full address: Cowpen Road, Blyth, Northumberland, NE26 4PX
Postcode: NE26 4RE
Tel.: 01670 353503
Website address: www.blythhortongrange.co.uk
This job is closed for applications.