DBS821/21 Deputy Headteacher - Southridge First School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
L6-L10 (£47,735 - £52,723 pa)
Schools - Teaching
Southridge First School, Cranleigh Place, Beaumont Park, Whitley Bay, NE25 9UD
Southridge First School
Deputy Headteacher Required for September 2021
Group 3 School
The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader for this exceptional first school, who can successfully work as part of an effective team to drive an extremely happy, successful and highly regarded school forward.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do and the Governing Body is looking for an experienced and highly skilled individual who can continue to promote these values and provide the vision and leadership to continue our development. Our new deputy headteacher must model and demonstrate these values to maintain our very strong school ethos for our children and share them with our excellent, highly motivated and committed staff team.
Our new deputy headteacher will:
• be an excellent classroom practitioner and willing to teach across the age range.
• be an effective team leader with a proven track record in raising standards, and in engaging all pupils in their learning.
• Work effectively within the leadership team and beyond to act strategically on the priorities identified through self-evaluation to make an impact on progress.
• Be approachable and be able to motivate, support and inspire others.
• Work with the Governing Body, staff, parents and community to drive forward the learning and achievement of pupils and the school.
• Have the care and commitment to ensure that every child achieves their full potential.
• Able to support a culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of all staff and pupils and who understands the importance of providing broad and balanced opportunities to develop the whole child.
We can offer you:
• Well-behaved, enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn;
• A highly supportive parental body and strong links with the local community;
• A supportive environment for a leader with passion and drive to maintain our high - quality teaching and learning environment;
• A strong and effective senior leadership team to work with you and support you;
• A wider staff team who work extremely well together and who are keen to continue to provide the very best opportunities for children;
• Strong partnerships with local schools.
We are looking for an individual who is successful and believes that while schools are infinitely improvable we must also cherish the vision and direction that has been created and developed within our culture.
Applications would be welcomed from current Deputy headteachers, or middle leaders who are seeking an opportunity for career progression.
Visits are warmly welcomed and will follow the necessary school rules around COVID-19.
Please contact our School Office on 0191 9176665 to confirm if you would like to visit the school.
An application form, job description and applicant letter are attached to this advert and are available for download.
Please email completed applications and covering letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications noon, 22nd April 2021.
Southridge First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.