P480276 - Teacher of Geography - Whickham Academy
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/04/2021 23:59
MPS/UPS £25714 - £41604 per annum
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
Do you want to work in a successful school, as part of a progressive and energetic Humanities Faculty? Are you unapologetically passionate about teaching Geography?
We seek to appoint a Geography teacher to teach at KS3, KS4 and A-Level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a skilled team who are committed to ensuring our students both enjoy and succeed in their studies.
Specific details regarding the role and skills and qualities that the successful candidate will need to demonstrate are in the attached job description and person specification. A summary of key information is detailed below. We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about Geography and supporting children in developing their knowledge and skills.
• Is committed to personal development and open to sharing ideas and continuing to develop their own practice.
• Understands the importance of strong behaviour management and that developing positive relationships with children is fundamental to their role.
• Understands and values the use of restorative practices.
• Is determined to make a positive difference in the lives of young people.
• Is supportive of our inclusive and diverse nature as a school where differences are celebrated.
Our aim is to ensure every young person is the best they can be and whilst we have already achieved much in achieving our goal, we recognise that there is so much more we can do. We are proud of our good reputation within the region and positive feedback we receive from students, parents, staff and external organisations such as Ofsted.
Applications should be submitted by 9am on Monday 12th April. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 19th April 2021.To apply please follow this link to the TES and click on apply now https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/teacher-of-geography-gateshead-1418721
The successful candidate will undertake an enhanced DBS check. Please also see our safer recruitment policy
This job is closed for applications.