Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Leadership 7 - 11: £49,019 - £54,091 per annum.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
Farne Primary School, Marsden Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 4AP.
This school has Academy status and is part of the Smart Multi Academy Trust; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Farne Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Due to a restructuring of the leadership of the school, the Governors of Farne Primary School are seeking to recruit a Deputy Headteacher to join our enthusiastic and committed team from September 2021. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of the highest quality teaching and learning and experience of effective school leadership. They should be enthusiastic, dedicated practitioners who are committed to raising standards and who will be able to contribute to the strategic leadership and future success of our school.
The successful candidate will join the Executive Head Teacher to lead a dedicated, hardworking team who are committed to raising standards throughout the school whilst maintaining a broad, balanced and memorable skills based curriculum.
This post will involve a teaching commitment.
We are looking for:
• A highly-skilled leader with a clear and relentless focus on ensuring high quality education for all our children.
• A committed leader with a demonstrable track record of successful school leadership and management.
• A person who is committed to developing strong working relationships with staff, pupils, families and extended partners.
• An outstanding classroom practitioner with an excellent record of enabling all children to make accelerated progress and able to lead others to this same success.
• A people person with the ability to identify and lead change in a positive inspirational and empathetic way.
• A strong and visionary leader who can satisfy our person specification requirements.
We will offer:
• A very creative and caring environment in a very successful school.
• Children and families who are proud of their school and their achievements.
• Children who love learning and can talk about their learning because it really matters to them.
• A committed, dedicated, friendly staff and governance team.
• A supportive Multi Academy Trust.
SMART Multi Academy Trust is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and satisfy range of pre-employment checks.
Candidates are most welcome to visit the school (following our current Covid guidance) on the following dates/times:
• Wednesday 31 March at 10am
• Monday 19 April at 2pm
• Tuesday 20 April at 2pm.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Applications (on no more than 2 sides of A4 addressing the person specification criteria) should be returned to Nicola Steel, School Business Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 21.04.2021 (midday)
Lesson Observations: w/b Monday 26 April 2021 (in candidates own school)