DBS824/21 SENDCo with Teaching Responsibilities - Richardson Dees Primary School
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£25,714 to £41,604 pa plus £2,270 pa pro rata (0.8SEN1 Allowance)
Schools - Teaching
Richardson Dees Primary School, High Street East, Wallsend, NE28 7RT
SENDCo with Teaching Responsibilities
Salary £25,714 to £41,604 + 0.8SEN1 Allowance
At Richardson Dees, we value curiosity, independence and responsibility, courage and resilience, communication and collaboration. These are our Rainbow Muscles and are integral to the teaching and learning of our pupils.
We are seeking an experienced SENDCo to lead on SEN 4 days a week and to teach in Year 2 one day a week. If you believe you have the experience, passion and commitment to continue the growth and development of our school and help our pupils to achieve their potential we would like to hear from you. We are proud of our strong leadership and team ethos, we are a good school with many outstanding features, awards and great links with our community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead on SEND provision across the school
• Develop and oversee the implementation of the School’s SEND strategy and policy
• Be responsible and accountable for Special Needs, including academic performance, social and emotional development, behavior and inclusion
• Monitor and review provision
• Work collaboratively with parents, pupils, staff and governors.
• Provide advice and support to staff on supporting pupils with SEND and the effective use of the SEND Hub
• Liaise regularly with SMT with regard to TA deployment and budget
• Carry out assessments of pupils with SEND to identify needs and monitor progress – including observations in the classroom and meeting with teachers and parents
• Make referrals and liaise with professionals outside of the school – this could include psychologists, health and social care providers, speech and language therapists and occupational therapists etc.
• Develop and maintain excellent systems for keeping pupil records, ensuring information is accurate and up to date
• Keep up to date with national and local policies and practice related to SEND and cascade information to colleagues
• Be an outstanding primary practitioner
• Have high expectations to ensure that every child achieves their full potential.
• Be approachable, motivational, supportive and inspirational and respond positively to innovation, challenge and change.
• Be committed to the strong community ethos in our school and continue to develop the partnerships between home, school and the wider community.
• Be committed to demonstrating the values of the whole school through their own actions, whilst working as part of a team.
• Teaching Year 2 one day per week integrating our learning muscles and the school vision
The successful candidate will have to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the DBS through the School. Richardson Dees Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and protection of its pupils.
For an application pack and full job description, please contact the School Business Manager, Janine White, on (0191) 263 8139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 23rd April 2021
Shortlisting: w/c 26th April 2021
Interviews: w/c 3rd May 2021