Assistant Director of Music - Egglescliffe School. Vision Academy Learning Trust.
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Main Pay Scale/UPS with TLR 2a or 2b (depending on experience), £25,714 - £41,604 per annum
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
Permanent. Required 1st September 2021.
A rare opportunity to support the leadership of a genuinely outstanding music department with a longstanding national reputation for musical excellence. We have large GCSE and A level classes of highly motivated students, a substantial and highly successful extra-curricular programme, and a full team of directly employed instrumental and vocal teachers. We teach both curricular and small group instrumental lessons across a number of our feeder primary schools. We believe in high level musical performance, but we are also a very diverse and inclusive department who encourage all students in their music making.
We seek to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to support the leadership of our outstanding Music department as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success. This is a rare opportunity to work alongside a national award winning Director of Music in a department that produces genuine excellence both in and outside of the classroom.
The successful candidate will have the passion and ability to support the Director of Music in leading the curriculum at all key stages, including GCSE and A level, and ensuring excellence at all levels. Excellent practical musicianship is essential and the ability to lead ensembles to a high standard, and/or outstanding keyboard skills are highly desirable.
We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, be committed to the development of themselves and others within the Music department.
Applications are invited from inspirational Music teachers who must:
- Be an enthusiastic and committed teacher with vision, drive and commitment
- Be a high quality musician, with very strong 1st study instrumental/vocal skills and at least competent keyboard skills
- Have the ability to manage a large and very busy department in the absence of the Director of Music
- Be committed to the value of extra-curricular music making and to the value of singing both in and outside of the classroom
- Have very strong interpersonal skills, and be able to problem solve with both students and staff in a busy environment
- Have the passion to be able to engage students across a wide range of musical abilities and interests
- Have an ability to motivate and inspire both colleagues and students through outstanding teaching.
- Be someone with outstanding subject knowledge to support the leadership and development of KS3, KS4 and KS5 Music curriculum
- Have an innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
- Be proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
- Have the ability to enable young musicians to aspire for excellence
- Have an ability to raise attainment at KS3, 4 and 5, having a measurable impact at both an individual and departmental level
- Be able to support the Director in leading the monitoring and evaluation of quality teaching and standards.
- Able to motivate and inspire staff and students to achieve their full potential
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
We would welcome prospective candidates to visit the school and meet the relevant staff prior to submitting an application. For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
Mrs L. Oyston, Head Teacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton-on- Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: email@example.com by 8.30am on the closing date.
Interview Date: w/c 26th April 2021