Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Band 9 £24,982 to £27,041 pa
Manual / Trades / Transport
Hartlepool is a vibrant and energetic town with growing prospects. As an authority we want to make Hartlepool the best it possibly can be and want dedicated, driven and committed staff to help us achieve that.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our Construction Team. The candidate will need a City and Guilds Carpentry and Site Joinery Level 3 gained through an industry recognised route. The candidate must be willing to train further.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for general construction, maintenance & repairs within domestic and commercial properties. This can include joinery, bricklaying, tiling, basic plastering, basic plumbing and basic decorating. Also any other associated works provided by the Building Maintenance and Management Team, including:
• Responsive repairs service
• Planned, programmed repairs and maintenance
• Repairs to vacant properties
• Installation of disabled person adaptations equipment e.g. internal/external handrails and ETAC toilet seats etc.
• Works to capital funded schemes
• Emergency works
• Planning work in advance if and when required.
• Any other associated work which may arise in the provision of our service
• Any other associated work which may arise in other disciplines and other Departments within the Procurement and Property Services.
• To take part in the 24 hour emergency call out rota.
• The Organization and Installation of low level access showers and associated works.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Check via the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
For further details and an informal discussion please contact Mark Greenwood, Construction Officer (Building) on: 07554 111 344.
Closing date: 9th October 2021