Senior Development Manager Residential
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/04/2021 23:59
Grade 11 (SCP 48-52) £51,989 - £56,126
Executive / Managerial
Civic Centre, Burdon Road, Sunderland
Sunderland’s City Plan sets out a vision for 2030 – of a connected, international city with opportunities for all – and provides the framework for the social and economic regeneration of the city. It also sets out the Council’s investment and development priorities which will see the delivery of approximately one million square feet of modern commercial office space, 5,000 high-quality new homes, significant leisure development, and city-wide infrastructure enhancement.
Major milestones have already been achieved, including the opening of our new landmark Northern Spire bridge, the development of the first phase of the International Advanced Manufacturing Park (IAMP), and delivery of The Beam providing high quality office development at the heart of the city.
The Council’s strategic residential development programme includes Riverside Sunderland which will create a new way of city centre living and help to double the City Centre population, Northern Spire Park which will see around 1000 high quality homes developed on a fantastic riverside site in the shadow of the Northern Spire Bridge, and further development at Potters Hill where delivery of a new 750-home community is advancing rapidly.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Development Manager to support the ongoing work and vision.
Applicants will need the following:
• Extensive experience of development managing multiple capital projects varying in value, scale, use and complexity from concept through to operational handover.
• A track record of project and programme management of multi-faceted residential and mixed-use projects delivering them within the required time, cost, quality, and risk performance criteria.
• Ambition to deliver diverse and innovative housing solutions utilising advanced manufacturing, low carbon and digital technologies.
• Knowledge and understanding of funding investment strategies and involvement in the preparation of business cases for residential development projects
• A strong, visible management style; the ability to build effective relationships in complex stakeholder environments and work across the public and private sectors, with vision, drive, and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage all the resources associated with the delivery of residential projects, within a robust performance management framework.
Please note you will be required to complete an on-line personality assessment as part of the process.
Applications should be made on-line at northeastjobs.org.uk/sunderlandcitycouncil. For further assistance contact Operational HR Services by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CVs are not acceptable.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered online with North East Jobs, including your invitation to any online assessment you are required to undertake and your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised if you have not heard from us in six weeks after the closing date please assume you have not been shortlisted.
This job is closed for applications.