HGV Technician MOT Tester
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/05/2021 23:59
£26258.10 + Market supplement
Market Supplement £3477.06
Manual / Trades / Transport
Allington Way Darlington
Darlington Borough Council’s vehicle maintenance team is seeking a HGV Technician.
The successful applicant will assist in providing a repair and maintenance service to vehicles, plant and equipment, for both internal and external customers.
You should have approximately three years’ experience working as a HGV technician on diesel engines, petrol engines, transmissions, hydraulics and electrical and have some light goods vehicle fitting experience.
The workshop is open Monday to Friday from 7.00am to 6.00pm (5.30pm on a Friday) and there is a two week shift rota in place, alternating between an early and late shift.
The rewards for working at the Council go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
• 31 days annual leave
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s ‘Fit 4 Life’ package
* £29,735.16 is made up of £26,258.10 per annum basic salary plus a reviewable market supplement, which is currently £3,477.06 per annum.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification in the Vacancy Information document. For an informal discussion, please contact Gary Bennett, Waste and Transport Services Manager, on 01325 406660.
Application packs are available to download from www.darlington.gov.uk/jobs. Alternatively, you can contact Xentrall Recruitment Services, Tel: (01642) 526992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.