Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/05/2021 15:00
£25,714 - £ 36,961
Schools - Teaching
West Rainton Primary School
Temporary KS2 Teacher Required from 1st September 2021 until 8th April 2022
M1-6 £25,714 - £36,961
Governors, staff and children would like to invite a dynamic, effective and inspiring teacher who is passionate about teaching and learning to join our happy school for a maternity cover of at least two terms beginning in September 2021.
The successful candidate should:
• Be an experienced and strong practitioner with high expectations and a commitment to raising standards.
• Have excellent classroom management and behaviour for learning skills and be proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress.
• Demonstrate proven experience of raising attainment at KS2.
• Have the capacity to inspire and motivate children within a creative curriculum.
• Be a reflective practitioner dedicated to their own professional development.
• Be an active member of the wider life of the school and demonstrate experience in subject leadership.
Applicants should state any curriculum interests and particular strengths they feel they could bring to the school.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
West Rainton Primary School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Durham Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Application forms and further details are available from
• the school office on receipt of a large stamped, addressed envelope.
• by e-mailing email@example.com. Please use the subject heading VACANCY.
• the downloads section of this advert.
Please do not e-mail completed application forms. These should be printed off, signed and returned to the Headteacher at the above address. E-mailed application forms will not be accepted.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged on Thursday 29th April at 4.15pm and Thursday 6th May at 1.30pm. Please contact Mrs Kirstin McGowan, School Business Manager, to arrange a visit.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview, with a practical teaching element, on Thursday 27th May.
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021 at 3pm
Interview date: Thursday 27th May 2021
This post is not open to job share.
West Rainton Primary School
Houghton Le Spring
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0191 5843805
This job is closed for applications.