Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£120.07 - National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - £4.30 per hour
SCHOOL SPORTS APPRENTICE
(Community Activator – Coach Apprenticeship Standard Level 2)
National Minimum Wage for Apprentices - £4.30 per hour
(Pro-rata for term-time working = £ 120.07 per week)
Stephenson Way Academy and Nursery School is one of seven schools that forms part of Tudhoe Learning Trust. Situated in Newton Aycliffe, Durham, SWANS is a friendly and welcoming school that serves the community. We are seeking to appoint a PE Apprentice to work across all key stages. The post is required from 1st September 2021 and is fixed term for up to 15 months. The role is offered at 32.5 hours per week and on a term-time basis.
As an apprentice you will develop the skills, knowledge and experience of working within the community as a sports and activity leader and you will also develop an understanding of:
• The benefits of physical activity and sport for individuals, families and communities, and know why adopting an active and healthy lifestyle is important.
• The basic principles of behavioural change when applied to sport and physical activity, and know how to keep customers active. Know the importance of credible customer insight - listening to customers and understanding their motivations - to shape provision and leadership style.
• The importance of effective leadership and coaching in the delivery of a physical activity or sports sessions.
And much more! You will also have the opportunity to be part of a friendly, successful team in a happy school.
The successful candidate will:
• have 4 GCSE’s at Grades A-C/9-4 (including English and Maths) or hold an equivalent and relevant qualification. Apprentices without English and Maths at Level 1 will be considered but will need to take a test for these subject areas alongside the apprenticeship.
• be willing to learn and participate in training and development
• communicate effectively in a variety of situations
• be responsive and work flexibly
• be able to work effectively as part of a team
This is a training opportunity and as such you will be assigned a school-based mentor. You will receive on the job and in partnership with Sedgefield School Sports Partnership and Sporting Futures Training.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th May 2021 (Noon)
Interviews will be held on: Monday 14th June 2021
For more information about the role, school or Trust please contact Mrs. Tracy Page, Head Teacher on 01325 300324.
Visits to the school may be arranged via the school office for either Thursday 13th May or Monday 17th May at 3.30pm.
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is available via this website. Application forms should be returned to the Trust HR Manager via email at email@example.com.
The Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.