Educational Psychologist x 2
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 09/05/2021 23:59
Soulbury Grade 3-8 plus 3 SPA (£42,075 - £51,538 / £56,554).
An opportunity has arisen to join this well-established service in Gateshead: a forward-looking local authority which is committed to improving outcomes for all children and young people.
The Psychological Service has strong links with other services within the authority and excellent working relationships with all of its schools. We have offered a hugely successful traded service to Gateshead schools since 2012 and are currently working with 98% of all Gateshead schools.
As a Service, we are committed to applying evidence-based psychology to promote inclusion and achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable children and their families. Currently Educational Psychologists have the opportunity to work into a range of teams including Early Years, the Vulnerable Person Resettlement Project, Primary Fair Access and the Virtual School teams. Whole Service projects have included delivery of ELSA training, highly successful conferences focussed on positive mental health, and working closely with our Assistant Educational Psychologists. Recently the Service has developed a focus upon applying remote technology to assessment and intervention techniques in response to the challenges presented by Covid 19.
If you have a wide knowledge of assessment techniques, consultation and therapeutic interventions; plus you are passionate about applying psychology in order to make a difference for children and young people, then we would love to welcome you to join our supportive team. We offer a comprehensive induction package, high quality supervision and CPD, plus excellent dedicated admin support. We place a high value upon work-life balance and flexible hours.
• Have knowledge of recent legislation and current issues with special Educational Needs, Disability, and school improvement; an understanding of child adolescent development and its applicability to an educational setting and an awareness of issues relating to equality, diversity and inclusion.
• Be eligible for Chartered Status as an Educational Psychologist within the British Psychological society or a Doctorate in Educational from a training institution accredited by the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC).
• Be registered with the HCPC.
• Have a current driving licence and access to a car or means of mobility support.
• Have experience of using applied psychology and evidence-based practice; using and interpreting a range of tools and techniques; preparing and delivering training to a range of audiences; developing and delivering a range of interventions both with individual children and groups; undertaking research and development; working with a range of agencies and parents and working to deadlines.
We welcome applications from qualified Educational Psychologists with HCPC registration as well as those completing their doctoral training in summer 2021, or even summer 2022, to join our supportive team.
For detailed information about these posts please refer to the Job profile on line. During the selection process candidates will be assessed against the essential knowledge, experience and qualifications as set out in the job profile.
Online applications only at www.gateshead.gov.uk
If successful you will have to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.
This job is closed for applications.