Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/05/2021 15:00
MPS1 - UPS3: £25,714 - £41,604, per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
English Martyrs' Catholic Primary School, Beaufront Gardens, Fenham, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 2SA.
English Martyrs' Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
In partnership with Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust.
English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 2747463
Head Teacher: Miss M Elliott.
Required for September 2021.
English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary is a highly respected 2 form entry Catholic school providing a good education for all our pupils. At English Martyrs’ we recognise that we are building the foundations for life-long learning with Christ at the centre. We strive to capture and nurture a love of Jesus, love of learning and love of life that our pupils will carry with them as they grow.
The opportunity has arisen for the governors to appoint an enthusiastic, committed, excellent classroom teacher who is sympathetic and supportive to the aims and ethos of a Catholic School.
You will be expected to make a full contribution to the life of the school following the catholic ethos.
Since April 2021, we have been part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust, a family of 5 secondary schools and 16 primary schools from across Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland, in the north of the Diocese. The Trust will expand to 39 schools by the end of by 2022.
Applications are welcomed from teachers who:
- are practising Catholics or will be sympathetic to the teachings of the Catholic Church;
- are inspirational, innovative, dedicated and highly effective; committed to raising standards;
- are flexible and adaptable in their approach to teaching, and are able to demonstrate knowledge and skill to nurture our children towards reaching their full potential;
- have an excellent working knowledge of the primary curriculum; and related assessment procedures;
- have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a job- share and a team;
- have the commitment to contribute to the corporate life of the school.
We can offer you:
- a very strong Catholic ethos;
- an enthusiastic, supportive and hard-working team of staff;
- highly motivated, friendly, polite and well-behaved children;
- an inclusive school, where everyone matters;
- active and supportive governors, parents and parish community;
- a strong commitment to continuous professional development and a network of support from our Trust and the Diocese.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be made by contacting Mrs Kenny, School Business Manager, to arrange an appointment by telephone on 0191 2747463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website at www.englishmartyrs.newcastle.sch.uk or sent out electronically, by request to Mrs Julie Kenny (SBM) at email@example.com
Completed applications and associated documents should be sent electronically for the attention of the Headteacher, Maria Elliott to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications by email only. All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
*Closing date: Wednesday 5 May 2021 at 3pm.
*Lesson Observation will take place: between Monday 10 May 2021 and Friday 14 May 2021.
*Interview Date: Thursday 20 May 2021 (to be confirmed).
Please note - The structure and format of interviews will depend upon guidance at the time regarding COVID-19 social distancing.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Governors and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. An offer of employment would be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks.
English Martyrs’ has formally adopted the Diocesan Model Statement on Equal Opportunities to ensure that we assess the best candidate against the criteria provided and do not discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin or disability.
Applications from both NQT and experienced teachers are welcome.
This job is closed for applications.