Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Berwick Academy is looking to appoint an inspirational English Teacher from September 2021.
Berwick Academy is located midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the east coast mainline and serves the beautiful coastal community of Berwick upon Tweed in north Northumberland. We are a co-educational academy for pupils aged 13-18, with 500 pupils approx.
We can offer:
• Excellent support with a strong emphasis on CPD
• A friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people
• A skilled and supportive middle leadership team
• A friendly and welcoming student body
Ideally you will be:
• An enthusiastic and dynamic English teacher with a commitment to academic excellence
• Able to teach GCSE and A Level
• Able to offer a second subject would be desirable
• Able to demonstrate thorough lesson planning, enthusiastic delivery and detailed assessment
For an application pack www.berwickacademy.co.uk, to arrange a visit or an informal chat regarding this post and working at the Academy, please contact Fiona Hall on 01289 333929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be submitted by noon on 17th May 2021 noon to Fiona Hall via email.
Interviews to be held 21st May 2021
Berwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Berwick Academy has a policy commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in employment and seeks to ensure no employee or applicant receives less favourable treatment than another. All posts are filled on merit.