Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion) - Huntcliff School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/05/2021 12:00
£51,402 - £56,721 actual salary range
Schools - Teaching
Assistant Headteacher - Inclusion
Leadership (Points 9 - 13) £51,402 - £56,721 actual salary range
September 2021 start
Huntcliff School is a popular school sharing a site with Saltburn Primary School on a joint learning campus. We are seeking to appoint a passionate and committed Assistant Headteacher responsible for driving improvements in provision for students with SEND at Huntcliff School. This role will involve ensuring highly effective safeguarding policies and practice. This excellent opportunity for an ambitious and inspirational leader to join our rapidly improving school.
The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher, an effective leader and be committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of all students.
• A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere.
• Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve.
• A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team.
• Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents.
• Opportunities for career development.
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience of working in an educational provision and ideally relevant SENDCo qualifications or a desire to complete the national SENDCo qualification.
• A calm, understanding and friendly personality, with the drive and ambition to raise aspirations and outcomes for students with SEND.
• The ability to manage behaviour and help students focus on any given task, encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities.
• A professional, nurturing and resilient approach, that will raise standards throughout the school.
• Commitment and dependability within the workplace with ability to use your own initiative.
• A detailed understanding of expectations of the National Curriculum at KS3 and 4 and evidence of applying the effective curriculum for successful outcomes for all students.
• The confidence to address conflict and challenging behaviour.
• The willingness to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team, ensuring effective day to day classroom support from teachers and LSAs for students with SEND.
• The ability to establish positive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs.
• To effectively evaluate the curriculum to ensure it meets the needs of students with SEND.
• The capacity to work with teachers, LSAs and the Trust SENDCo to ensure progress and development of SEND students.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with collaborative schools that are passionate about the progress and development of every student.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
For further information about the role or to download an application form, please email email@example.com or www.saltburnlearningcampus.co.uk and send your completed application to: Mrs K Emmerson via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 7th May 2021, 9:00am
Interview date: Thursday 13th May 2021
This job is closed for applications.