DBS856/21 Headteacher - Southlands School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/05/2021 12:00
L25 – L31 (£76,141- £88,187 pa)
Schools - Teaching
Southlands School, Beach Road, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE30 2QR
Beach Road, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE30 2QR
Tel 0191 3000505
Special School Headteacher
Required for September 2021
L25 – L31 (£76,141- £88,187)
Governors are looking for an exceptional, motivated and inspirational individual with a proven track record of successful school leadership, especially in the field of special educational needs to lead our school.
Southlands is a school at the heart of our community who treats each pupil as an individual while preparing them for the next stage of their lives. The school supports pupils with a variety of needs including moderate learning difficulties and Autism from age 11- 16 years.
The successful applicant will be guiding our school at an exciting and crucial time in the school’s history. In September 2020 our site at Beach Road merged with the unit at Melrose to form the new Southlands School. The school now comprises of the total of 160 pupils based at these sites.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
• maintain existing high standards in leadership and management
• promote excellence, equality and high expectations for all pupils
• inspire, challenge and enthuse the staff team and continue to develop our shared vision for the school
• sustain our commitment to working positively with families
• be open and approachable in dealing with staff, pupils, parents, governors and adopt a “family” feel to both sites where everyone feels they matter and are valued.
• creatively promote partnerships and collaborative working with other partners and agencies and across the two school sites
In return we can offer:
• an exciting professional development opportunity
• an enthusiastic, engaging pupils who enjoy learning
• a dedicated, talented and experienced staff team
• a welcoming, safe and inclusive learning environment
• highly supportive families and committed governors
• a multi disciplinary team to support pupils learning, health and welfare needs
Visits to the school by interested applicants will be warmly welcomed and appointments should be made directly with the school. Please contact Helen Clark by email:firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0191 3000505.
Application packs are available and returnable to email@example.com
Closing date is noon on Monday 10th May 2021
Shortlisting on Wednesday 12th May 2021
Interviews to be held on Thursday 20th May and Friday 21st May 2021
Southlands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
This job is closed for applications.