Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/05/2021 12:00
£25,714 - £ 36,961
Schools - Teaching
Villa Real School
Temporary Teacher Required From September 2021 until
August 2022 or the return of the substantive post holder, if this is earlier
MPS £25,714 - £36,961
Villa Real School is an all age Special School with pupils with SLD, PMLD and ASC. The school has achieved further success with OFSTED, Communication Friendly Status Award, Autism Accreditation Award and Equalities Award. The school leads and supports on innovation, research and staff development including research with University of Bedfordshire and Department of Education lead re Engagement Model.
The governors are seeking to employ an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who has knowledge of students with severe Autism and / or severe SLD and experience in managing distressed behaviour. The candidates would wish to join the school on its’ exciting journey.
Teaching commitment to be negotiated upon interview.
The role includes:
• Support and implement the vision and ethos of the school.
• Play a major role in ensuring high quality education for all pupils and improvement in standard of learning and achievement.
• Take responsibility for co-ordinating a subject across the school.
• Take responsibility for a small class of pupils with severe autism and severe learning difficulties, supported by a highly skilled team of staff.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner who has:
• Excellent communication skills.
• A clear vision of special education and a strong desire to work in this field with a particular interest in Autism.
• An understanding of the needs of children with high physical, medical and sensory needs including learning and behavioural difficulties.
• Experience and understanding of the curriculum required for pupils with complex sensory needs.
• A positive approach to the management of distressed behaviour.
• High yet realistic expectations of pupil and a commitment to meeting individual needs.
• A personable nature and the ability to work well as part of the staff team
• A desire to be involved in the full life of the school.
• Experience and understanding of co-ordinating history and geography would be an advantage
In house training in the communication systems and behaviour management techniques used in school will be provided.
Application form and further details are available by email and returnable to the Head Teacher. For an informal discussion about the post contact firstname.lastname@example.org, shortlisted candidates will be informed by w/c 16.05.2021 and are encouraged to visit the school.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: 13th May 2021 at 12 noon
Interview date: Week commencing 23rd May 2021
Villa Real School
Villa Real Road,
Tel: 01207 503651
This job is closed for applications.