Independent Reviewing Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/05/2021 23:59
Grade 13 £39,880 - £43,857
Social Care - Children Service
An approved team location.
Children and Young Peoples Services
Independent Reviewing Officer Service
Independent Reviewing Officer Vacancy (full-time Maternity cover)
Grade 13 £39,880 - £43,857
As an IRO, you will be passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable children and their families and will set high expectations for all professionals working with children.
You will be responsible for:
• Act as an Independent Chairperson in Looked After Reviews overseeing the progression of timely and high quality plans for those children looked after by the local authority.
• Chair Child Protection Conferences, private fostering reviews, secure accommodation reviews, foster carer reviews, disruption meetings and complex planning meetings, holding all involved agencies to account in ensuring that children living in high risk situations at home are protected, and their needs are met.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who:
• Are qualified social workers, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
• Have 5 years post-qualifying experience with Children and Families
• Are focused on improving outcomes for children and families.
• Are able to establish constructive working relationships with staff in Children and Young People’s Services and other agencies.
• Have the confidence and ability to work constructively with senior managers, offering a critical perspective and appropriate challenge.
• Final professional Social Care qualification to diploma level - Diploma in Social Work or equivalent.
• Social Work England Registration.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about the post please contact Sharon Davey on 03000 266214 or via e-mail at Sharon.Davey2@durham.gov.uk
It is anticipated that interviews will be held virtually week commencing 17th May 2021.
Please note this post is not open to job share.
Any current Permanent DCC employees wishing to undertake a temporary post within the Council, whether this is within their substantive service, or across services, should seek the approval of their Line Manager/Senior Manager to undertake this temporary post with the guarantee to return to their substantive post at the expiry of the temporary post. If the temporary post is reviewed and further extended, agreement must be sought from the employee’s substantive line manager.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.