Cleaning Supervisor - Whinfield Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Band 3 (point 5) £10.01 per hour
Hours per week:
16 hours per week
Schools - Support
Whinfield Primary School is a ‘good’ school, (Ofsted 2017) with a visionary, committed and enthusiastic staff who are striving to deliver the very best educational opportunities to our children and their families.
The Governors of Whinfield Primary School wish to appoint a Cleaning Supervisor for 16 hours per week, whole year to provide effective cleaning and facilities management support to the school, including ensuring that the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards. This is a key role in our facilities team, supporting the Caretaker by carrying out daily cleaning duties, line managing the cleaning staff and in the caretakers absence opening / locking the school, undertaking routine maintenance, such as changing light bulbs and fuses and accepting / moving deliveries.
The grade of this role reflects the requirement to be responsible for covering the caretaker's duties as and when appropriate.
There will be occasions when flexibility and additional hours will be required to accommodate any evening or special events with parents/carers, pupils and staff e.g. parent evenings.
The successful applicant will:
• Have previous cleaning experience with the ability to understand and comply with the COSHH Risk assessments
• A clear vision and understanding of the needs of a school and how important the cleaning role is.
• The ability to undertake moving and handling of physical objects, dynamically risk assessing the weight to ensure safe working practises
• Have good written and verbal communication skills, including email and electronic communication.
• Experience of working with a wide range of people
• Be flexible in their approach and work well as part of the team.
• Support the wider aspects of school life.
• Have ideas and, very importantly, a good sense of humour!
Whinfield is an inclusive, caring and friendly school and is committed to equal opportunities. You will join our dedicated, friendly and motivated team who are passionate about delivering a warm and friendly welcome to pupils and parents/carers, as well as enabling our School to continue its journey towards outstanding.
If you feel that you are an excellent cleaner who can supervise our small team of cleaners then we would like to hear from you.
The governors and leaders of Whinfield Primary School recognise and value the exceptional commitment and goodwill all staff bring to our school and offer additional benefits including access to:
• Local Government Pension Scheme (school contributes)
• Childcare Voucher Scheme (Darlington Borough Council)
• Subsidised onsite breakfast and after school childcare for working parents with pupils at Whinfield
• Bike to Work Scheme (Darlington Borough Council)
• Secure cycle storage • Free car parking
• Free wellbeing support and medical treatment (exclusions apply)
• Continuing Professional Development
Whinfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, including a self-disclosure form, references will be sought, and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, and other relevant checks with statutory bodies.
Application packs are available from the school website www.whinfield.net
Please return completed applications directly to the School Office
Closing Date: 12noon on Friday 21st May 2021.
Interviews will take place remotely using Microsoft Teams