SEN Teaching Assistants (Level 2) - Barndale House School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£14,348 - £14,635
Schools - Support
Barndale House School
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a number of teaching assistants, with SEN experience, to join the team at Barndale House School in September 2021.
About the School
Barndale House School is a forward thinking, ambitious and caring residential special school in Alnwick town. Our children and young people are aged 2-19 years of age with a diverse range of needs including:
• Communication & Interaction
• Cognition & Learning
• Social, Emotional & Mental Health
We are starting our journey to become a centre of excellence for the community. We pride ourselves on providing education and support to all pupils and their families that will prepare them for their future. We are a rapidly growing school and were recently described by Ofsted (December 2019) as ‘improving at a pace’.
Our school is driven to ensure all children are prepared to reach their own potential and are as independent as possible in their transition into adulthood. The PFA outcomes shape our curriculum development and underpin our practise throughout the school. Our school motto is:
‘What I learn today, prepares me for tomorrow’
About the role
You will actively engage with your class team to ensure that children’s learning experiences are:
• Thoughtful and well planned
• Resourced to support pupils to be as independent as possible in their learning
• Within a well thought out and organised learning environment
• Engaging and thought provoking
• Connected to other learning experiences
• Supporting core skills of communication, reading, writing and numeracy
• Reflected upon with the learners so they can see the progress they are making
• Communicated to families so they can actively engage at home
Who are we looking for…
To achieve this you will need to be passionate, enthusiastic, driven and ready for a challenge. You will work closely within a class team to deliver the whole curriculum as well as supporting pupils in their holistic development.
School experience, curriculum knowledge, making resources, as well as removing barriers to learning are essential parts of the role of a Specialist Teaching Assistant here at Barndale.
The class group/Key Stage is to be confirmed following interview.
What we can offer you…
Whilst being a small school we also have big ambitions and as such can offer you the following:
• Specialist advice, support and collaboration from our intervention team
• A supportive class team
• Children who love their school
• A passionate community that wants to help make things happen
• A SLT who are active in the classrooms, around the school and are available to you
• A school where we actively support all staff with their health, wellbeing & workload
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all of our staff to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check is required for this post.
Working pattern: 8:45am – 3:30pm (Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri) 8:45am – 4:15pm (Thu)
Closing date: Monday 17th May 2021 at 12noon
Interviews will take place week commencing 24th May 2021
Visits are strongly encouraged and arranged for:
Thursday 6th May 4pm
Tuesday 11th May 4pm
Please contact the school office if you would like to attend on one of the visits. If you are unable to visit our website has a virtual tour and further information about the school.
School Name: Barndale House School
Full address: Howling Lane, Alnwick, Northumberland
Postcode: NE66 1DQ
Tel.: 01665 602541
Facebook: Barndale House School
Website address: www.barndalehouse.northumberland.sch.uk
Salary amounts quoted are subject to an equated salary adjustment if you commence employment part way through the academic year.