Learning Support Assistant x 3 (Including 1:1 Support)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
GRADE 2 SCP 5-6 £19,312– £19,698 per annum (£16,538 - £16,868 pro rata)
Schools - Support
We are seeking to appoint three highly motivated Learning Support Assistants to join our enthusiastic team of professionals. You will be required to work as part of a team, supporting the learning for groups of children including working 1:1 with pupils who are supported through EHCP funding. Fixed Term contract for 1 year initially, dependent upon EHCP funding
You will perform a key role in supporting the child’s learning in all its aspects. You will work directly with pupils, prepare classroom resources, support 1:1 curriculum delivery and work on areas of Passport to Learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a relevant Child Care or Teaching Assistant qualification (Level 2 or above)
• Confidently support quality first teaching of children alongside the class teacher
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Have some knowledge of different intervention programmes, for example, precision teaching and be willing to engage in further training.
• Be willing to help with self-care skills if needed.
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
• Be able to use ICT to support learning
Experience in working with children with specific needs/ASD /Behaviour diagnoses would be desirable although not essential.
You will work as a member of an established team and will contribute to the wider school community. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with teachers and also work independently to support pupils.
For an application pack and further details, please see the supporting documents section of this advert. For any queries, please contact Tamsin Wilson on 0191 5634243. Completed application forms can be returned by email to email@example.com
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the U.K.
Balmoral Learning Trust safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 19th May 2021 12:00 noon
Interviews: 27th May 2021