Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 06/05/2021 23:59
£81,934 to £90,052
Executive / Managerial
NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL
Northumberland is the northernmost county of England, bordering Cumbria, County Durham, Tyne and Wear and the Scottish Borders with an outstanding North Sea coastline of 103 km and a county of rural natural beauty. The county is steeped in history and heritage and with a population of over 300,000 residents, the council provides a wide range of services across over 5,000 km.
Northumberland County Council is seeking to appoint a Service Director to support our journey to transform our services for the future.
Salary: BAND 15 £81,934 to £90,052 per annum
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Senior Leadership Team who has the vision and passion for transformation and quality improvement and who can engage and manage change with ease. You will have a proven track record of driving improvement and change, with experience of managing large scale organisational programmes with the public and/ or private sector including clinical and international project delivery experience.
This will include:
- Evidence of recent relevant management/ leadership training
- Masters level degree within a relevant subject or an equivalent portfolio of experience
- Extensive clinical experience
- Evidence of recent relevant Continuous Professional Development experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant service legislation, best practice and contemporary issues
- Recent experience and achievement at a senior management level within an organisation of comparable scope and complexity
- Experience of successful strategic management and a proven track record of leading in the formulation and delivery of strategic objectives and policies within a large, multi-disciplined organisation
- A demonstrable track record of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams and delivering outcomes that require collaborative approaches both within the organisation and with external partners
- Extensive experience and demonstrable success in the generation and management of organisational and cultural change and of securing the support of others in the process
- Experience of financial and performance management within a comparable organisation
- A successful track record of engaging effectively with others at a senior level and building productive partnerships with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of standards and best practice in relation to leadership, management and service delivery
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for developing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to relate effectively to, and command the respect trust and confidence of employees, Council Members, the community and other stakeholders - IT skills and awareness
You will be a confident leader with a vision for services with high levels of energy, stamina and resilience, and fully committed to the principles and values underpinning the unitary Council.
Full details can be found in the attached job description
Closing date for applications is midnight on 6th May 2021
For an informal discussion please contact Maureen Taylor, Director - Business Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see attached notes.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.