Assessment Social Workers
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£27,741 - £38,890 per annum
Social Care - Children Service
Daisy Lane, Ormesby. TS
This is Redcar and Cleveland: Our Vision drives the work we do to help children to thrive and fulfil their dreams.
We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.
• We have many reasons to be proud of our existing services for children, young people and their families in Redcar and Cleveland.
• We have a passionate workforce who are committed to supporting children and young people to feel safe, healthy, happy, ready to learn and achieve.
• We respect everyone as equally valued members of our community by listening to their views and using their opinions to help shape our services.
• We lead and deliver our services to the community with integrity, respect, kindness and compassion as our core values.
The Assessment Teams benefit from being co-located, in our Daisy Lane base, Ormesby, with our Multi-Agency Children’s Hub where partnership working is well-established.
Redcar & Cleveland is a great place to work and it’s an exciting time to join us as we implement Signs of Safety as our Practice Framework, launch the No Wrong Door service to support children and young people on the edge of care and work closely with partners to develop our approach to contextual safeguarding.
We are restructuring our services to ensure Social Workers benefit from being part of smaller teams, which enable high quality, regular and reflective supervision and a focus on professional development and well-being.
The structure will deliver manageable caseloads and ensure clear decision-making accountability within a culture of high challenge and high support. Using a Signs of Safety model of practice, we use a strength-based approach, which places children and young people at the heart of everything we do.
Here’s what children and young people in Redcar tell us they want from their social worker:
“I want someone who will listen to me and be kind and tell other people my views.”
“I want someone who is understanding, someone who can support me with anything I need.”
“I want to be listened to; I want a social worker to be really friendly. My social worker always finds a way (to find a solution to a problem)”
Do you have these qualities? Are you the right person to help us to develop a brighter future for our children? If so, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for the very best social workers – those with the skills, motivation, and passion to help and support the children and young people in our area.
We care about the children and young people in R&C and we care about our social workers…..
We have a flexible approach and have adapted well to the challenges of Covid 19. We have the ability to be office based where you will be supported by an onsite manager, you will also be able to work from home on a rotated basis.
The council holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award. Redcar & Cleveland Council Employees also benefit from:
• Competitive pay rates
• Access to Council wide health and well-being benefits.
• 28 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 33 days after 5 years
• Discounts to a wide range of products and services through our Redcar & Cleveland Employee Discounts Scheme.
• Access to salary sacrifice schemes including a car lease scheme.
• Reduced cost office parking- parking is free at Daisy lane
• A generous relocation package (ask us about this).
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought.
There’s never been a better time to join the Redcar & Cleveland family………
If you would like to have an informal discussion about these positions please contact, Debbie Harrison on 01642 130706, or Grace Stebbing on 01642 130705