Class Teacher and Early Years lead
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Ovingham First School
Ovingham Church of England First School
Class Teacher and Early Years lead
Teacher Main Pay Scale - £25,714 to £36,961 per annum (TLR 2.1 may be available)
Ovingham C of E First School is one of nine schools in the Tyne Community Learning Trust (TCLT).
We are proud to be an inclusive Church of England School, a community for all where we give everyone the opportunity to flourish and thrive. We aim to offer an inspiring curriculum of the highest possible standard to help all children achieve their full potential. Our beautiful environment and position within our local community provide a unique and broad range of experiences.
Our governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding and passionate class teacher to join our successful team for September 2021. The post will initially be in our Early Years unit, you will be joining the school at an exciting time in our school’s development and we expect the successful candidate to lead the development of the unit. We are looking for someone who is determined to achieve high standards for all pupils and in return we can offer a happy and vibrant team who will support your career development. NQTs are welcome to apply.
You will be a highly committed, creative and exemplary practitioner who is able to make a full contribution to further raising standards of achievement and to the wider life of the school.
To be part of our school, you will need to:
• See every child as unique
• Enable positive relationships with the whole school community
• Have high expectations
• Be committed to continuing professional development
• Be a proactive learner and willing to work collaboratively
• Be enthusiastic, driven and willing to work on own initiative
• Make a positive contribution to our school
In return, we offer:
• Wonderful children with a passion to learn
• A creative, exciting curriculum which involves our community
• Hardworking and positive staff who all share the same goals and ethos
• A leadership team that is committed to pupil outcomes
• Opportunities to develop your career
• A school that is committed to ensuring that every child succeeds
We are not planning visits to the school, however candidates are welcome to join an online meeting to learn about the role and find out more about school on Thursday 6th May at 4pm, please email the school office to book an appointment.
The successful candidate must:
- Have experience of working in Early Years or KS1
- Understand the rewards and challenges of working in a small school
- Be willing to take on subject leadership
- Be willing to play a role across the whole school and play a part in our successful school team
- Be passionate about ensuring equal opportunities for all
- Be willing to support our work as a Church school
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
Informal discussions prior to interview are encouraged. Due to COVID19, we have arranged an online meeting for candidates, candidates who are shortlisted will be offered the chance to visit school. Please contact the school office to join the online meeting.
Application forms can be downloaded from this website and are also available from the school by telephoning the school office.
Completed applications should be returned directly to Ovingham C of E First School either by post, addressed to Mr A Hudson, Executive Headteacher, Ovingham C of E First School, West Road, Ovingham, Prudhoe, NE42 6DE or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5pm, Wednesday 12th May 2021
Interview Date: w/b 24th May 2021
Headteacher: Mr A Hudson, Executive Headteacher, Ovingham C of E First School, West Road, Ovingham, Prudhoe, NE42 6DE
Tel: 01661 842269