SENDCO - Whickham Academy
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
L4-L12 £45343 - £55338 per annum (5 point range to be agreed depending on skills and experience,
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, dynamic and solution focused SENDCO to join the SEND Team at Whickham. This exciting opportunity will see the successful candidate play a vital role in implementing the new SEND strategy.
The SENDCO, under the direction of the Assistant Headteacher, will:
• determine the strategic development of special educational needs or disabilities policy and provision in the school;
• be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the SEND policy and coordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEND and ensure they make good progress;
• be responsible for the ARMS provision to support individual ASD pupils and ensure they make good progress;
• ensure that SEND provision is quality assured at all levels;
• provide professional guidance and specialist training to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies;
• ensure statutory requirements of SEND code of practice are met and keep up to date with best practice and
• liaise with external agencies to ensure high quality SEND provision.
We have recently undertaken a radical re-structure of our SEND provision and the successful candidate will work in an exciting, fast-paced and highly motivated, yet supportive environment. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards for behaviour, engagement and academic outcomes. At Whickham School, we value all of our pupils and ensure that they are seen as individuals with differing interests, knowledge, skills and needs. We have an inclusive ethos and strive to increase the learning and participation of all pupils, ensuring access to an appropriate curriculum.
SEND is seen as a whole-school issue, hence the responsibility of everyone. Every teacher is a teacher of every young person, including those with SEND or any other additional need. We work closely with our children, families and a wide range of professionals to ensure the best possible educational outcomes.
Please apply via our application form which is uploaded to the TES by 3pm on Thursday 13th May 2021.
Applications should be submitted by 3pm on Thursday 13 May 2021. Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 17 May 2021.
For full details, all supporting documents, and to apply, please click on the following link https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/sendco-gateshead-1437819
The successful candidate will have to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.