1:1 Specialist Teaching Assistant Level 3
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
The Avenue Primary School
Tel: 01642 318510
Head Teacher: Mrs Emma Watson
Head of School: Miss Jayne Booth
Post: 1:1 Specialist Teaching Assistant (Level 3)
Contract: temporary, one year in the first instance
Required: September 2021
Hours: 17.5 hours a week, term time only
The Avenue Primary School, part of the James Cook Learning Trust, are seeking to appoint a specialist Teaching Assistant to work with a pupil who has a hearing impairment who requires 1:1 support on a morning. The successful candidate will work as part of a dedicated Year 5 team, be an excellent practitioner, and will continue to build upon the existing high standards at The Avenue Primary School.
The successful candidate must have high expectations. The following must also be demonstrated:
• A minimum of one year’s experience in a school
• Experience of working with deaf children
• A good understanding of the KS1 expectations in Phonics, English and Maths
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Communicate effectively with parents/carers
The school will offer:
• The opportunity to be part of the James Cook Learning Trust.
• Enthusiastic, happy and confident children, who are proud of their school.
• A Head Teacher and Leadership team with a strong vision and determination to ensure the school continues to build on current success.
• Dynamic and creative staff.
• Supportive and skilled Governors and caring parents who are very keen to see children’s learning progress.
• A strong commitment to continual personalised professional development.
Additional information about the post and an application form can be found on the school website under the ‘vacancies’ section (www.theavenueprimaryschool.co.uk) Applications should be returned by email to Jayne Booth, email@example.com
We are unable to offer visits around school prior to the interview day due to Covid, however on the interview day there will be an opportunity to look around school.
The James Cook Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to evidence of eligibility to work in the UK, satisfactory DBS (previously CRB), medical clearance and references that recommend the candidate without reservation.
Closing date: 24 May 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: 25 May 2021
Interviews: 8 June 2021