P401834 - Teacher of MFL - St Leonard's Catholic School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/05/2021 23:59
MPS/UPS £25714 - £41604 per annum
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
St Leonard's Catholic School
St Leonard’s Catholic School, North End, Durham, DH1 4NG
Headteacher: Mr C Hammill
Tel: 0191 3848575
Number on Roll: 1385
Required from September 2021
St Leonard’s Catholic School and the Directors of Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust invite applications for an enthusiastic, well qualified teacher of German with French willing to teach throughout the 11 –18 range.
The successful candidate will have:
• A clear commitment to the school's distinctive Catholic ethos.
• A passion for teaching languages and inspiring pupils in the classroom.
• A commitment to securing the best possible outcomes for pupils in public examinations.
• A commitment to holistic education and as a tutor and part of the wider school provide excellent pastoral care for pupils.
• A regard for the highest professional standards in all parts of school life.
• Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
We can offer:
• Taking Christ as the model for life, St Leonard’s Catholic School endeavours to pursue excellence in all and for all and is committed to the professional development of all staff.
• A high performing Catholic school in the middle of the historic cathedral city of Durham that has a clear mission and strong tradition dating back to 1936.
• A vibrant, well run, ambitious and caring 11-18 school of c.1400 bright and enthusiastic students.
• A Sixth Form of c.240 students.
• A school where staff enjoy coming to work and are able to maintain a work-life balance.
• A professional climate where all staff are valued, listened to and who are able to fully use our gifts and talents.
• An excellent behaviour climate where staff can teach free from disruption.
St Leonard’s Catholic School is part of Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese. The Trust will expand to 30 schools by the end of 2021 and reach a total of 48 schools by 2022.
We are passionate about our school and want to fill it with staff who share the same passion, values and drive. We would be delighted to answer any questions and can arrange a visit. Please simply email the Headteacher’s PA Elizabeth Turnbull on ETurnbull@st-leonards.durham.sch.uk
How to apply
Application forms and further details are available from our website and should be returned to Recruitment@st-leonards.durham.sch.uk.
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 14th May 2021 by 9am
Interviews to be held week beginning 17th May 2021
Only applications received on the CES application form will be considered for shortlisting.
The board and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we wish to ensure you are aware of the purpose for which we are requesting your consent to collect and process the data we have asked you to provide on this application form. For further information on the data we collect and the reasons for this, please refer to the ‘Notes for Applicants’ document.
Applicants are not required to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, however, if they do, they will be helping the school to fulfil its obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
The Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form will be used purely for monitoring and statistical purposes and will not form part of the application or the recruitment process. The persons involved in the recruitment process will not have sight of the completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Emailed applications are acceptable
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, the interviews for this position may be remote, therefore if you are able, we would encourage candidates to hand sign any documents which require signature and then email the scanned version to the school. Original documents should be signed as soon as circumstances allow.
This job is closed for applications.